View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redorchestra View Post
I think the focus is more popular with the ricer/racer type crowd. They are quick little things and have a ton of aftermarket add-ons
In my neck of the woods, they are more economy car/race ricer wanna bes. Usually it's girls 17-22, or they are boys 17-28 with all the junk on them. I wonder how many pounds of boost that flame on the side adds. They are pretty cheap, and easy to work on, and get parts. It seems like an above avergae eco car, not quite a Metro, but if you want something newer and moreoptions. I mean dropping my cd from .38 to >.34 had made a huge difference.

But then again, you might worry like me that your chin splitter might be shoveling for you come winter time.

EDIT: I guess I thought this and didn't write it, but with all the parts and junk, surely you can find a decent body kit to lower your cd, ground clearance, side height, so on. I know most of them are ugly and gaudy, but they do make more modest ones, and without the bumble bee fart can, I couldn't see much judgement as a ra/icer.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.