View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
Screening for mud daubers, too, if you have them up there. Look at RV furnace screens for ideas.
I'd never heard them called "mud daubers" before, but we have a couple up here--and various other bugs. An idea that I came up with today is to cut out a piece of window screen and attach that to the top of the toilet flange. That won't help with dust, but will keep the bugs out of the filter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
The MOPAR filter is outstanding. Don't know who makes it but it is the one to have (unless you want to get tricky and try the Amsoil/Donaldson panel, or the AFE panel; both dry type).
I've done some research and, so far, have found a dissapointing about of hard data out there. Everybody seems to have their opinion, but I always try to find the hard data. I would have thought that micron ratings and pressure drops at rated flows, would be fairly easy to get a hold of. Unfortunately I haven't found any numbers yet, although I believe the specs are printed on the side of the Mopar filter. I know Fleetgaurd makes a filter too. I'm not sure whether it's the same as the Mopar branded filter (I don't think so). Fleetgaurd is now owned by Cummins--it's now called "Cummins Filtration" rather than Fleetgaurd, so I would think that's a good quality filter as well. I run their Stratapore lube filter which is, IMO, by far the best on the market.

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html