View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 05:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
cfg83
Pokémoderator

1999 Saturn SW2 - '99 Saturn SW2 Wagon
Team Saturn
90 day: 40.49 mpg (US)
trebuchet03 -

Sorry, I am only familiar with the law as it pertains to changing your mind before you enter boot camp.

I think he's history once he walks in the door. From what I have read, the contract he signs is meaningless. His butt belongs to them because he's no longer a civilian.

My big worry in these cases is Depleted Uranium. You should make sure he gets an independent urine test before he goes in. The idea is that once he gets back, the urine test will show whether or not he has been exposed to DU. By law the military is supposed to take a before/after urine test before going into places like Iraq, but they conveniently skipped the before-test for the last war.

Make sure he learns EVERYTHING there is to know about Depleted Uranium. He won't get the real story once he is on the other side. If he breathes in DU dust, he can forget about having kids.

If he had a high-skill value going in, like system administration or IT skills (or turbo machinery?!?!?!?), then he might be safe in that he will be kept in "safe areas". That's what happened to one of our co-workers.

Hrmmmmmmm, I wonder. If they *know* he had an independent urine test ahead of time, they might keep him away from the hot zones to avoid liability.

CarloSW2

What's your EPA MPG? Go Here and find out!
American Solar Energy Society