View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #98 (permalink)
Titusx24
EcoModding Lurker

The Z - '05 Nissan 350Z
This is truly a forum for me. I just got rid of my 4.0L mustang (God rest its soul) because it was falling apart at 168,000 miles. Thats not to say that I didn't drive it hard at times. Hypermiling has always been a thing I was interested in (got 32 out of the 4.0L mustang with full mods and a light driving foot) and recently bought a 2005 350Z. about 300 horsepower, and it WILL be modded heavily, for MPG first of course. I've thought about replacing the 6th gear ratio with one that will drop the cruising rpm's down to a low number. at 75mph, I'm going 2800rpms on my engine. Mileage is of course important, so I've driven it softly for the last couple weeks, and gotten 25mpg overall in the Z. There must be more!!! If anyone has some ideas about what I should do to my car, let me know, as I want it over 30mpg's. A car's gotta look good too, while getting awesome gas mileage. I'm actually a licensed police officer (a major change in my life, as I truly want to help people), so the car will still need to be fast, and accelerate quickly. MPG is more important than acceleration, but I would like to have the best of both worlds. Car is completely stock, so if anyone had some opinions about it, I would be more than happy to hear them. Thanks!!!

John