View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Scottman28
EcoModding Lurker

The battery is not a problem. I have done everything but rebuild an automatic transmission. So I am confident in doing any work on the car myself, including swapping out ecus,or the MG2 motor shall it fail on me, or replacing the battery pack and I do not run my cars hard. I could get one online or take the pack apart and see which cell have depleted and replace them. I have no problem buying the $500 scan tool for my laptop, and a scanguage. I have another car that I plan on selling for 3600 and banking that money should anything go wrong. I just see gas not getting any cheaper and feel that hybrid is the way to go right now until something else comes around. The car is blue booked at 5600 suggested retail and the guy wants 4490. I think the tires may be a little low but not sure about that, I think blue book says 4235 for clean retail so that will most likely be my offer. The only other cars I was looking at were the echo, and the chevy prism, but I do like the gen 1 prius look, and the 45+ mpg .

I just did not see spending 4 grand on a battery that costs between 500 and 1800 I figured labor had something to do with it.