View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
slownugly
Burn lean and prosper\\//

VLX - '93 Honda Civic VLX
Team Honda
90 day: 51.1 mpg (US)
civic vx mpguino installation

hi all, i didnt figure out how to post pics yet but i will try by tomorrow. just wanted to give a description of what ive done so far. i wanted to install the mpguino in the dash somewhere as to give it a stock look. ive seen them on civics where its right below the tachometer which looks awesome but i am not one to do what other people have dont already so i decided to block off the left/center vent outlet in the dash and put it there.

several reasons:
1. sits next to clock location and hazard switch and looks like it belongs there
2. since the mpguino tends to get hot i hear, i drilled holes in the sides of the inside vent and when i turn the blower motor on it will rush air past it and out the right vent and cool the electronics. pretty nifty
3. i am removing the clock blockoff and taking a stock clock apart. i will install a volt meter to monitor either the o2 or injector pulse width average. It will look like it has a clock but it will actually tell me if its in lean burn.

ill also be adding a vaccum gauge and possibly a wideband air fuel gauge via gauge pods on the pillar. i know its kind of ricey but i think it will still look alright. my ultimate goal is a clean rust free car with some real neat mods that will achieve 60 mpg. i will try and post my progress thus far if i can figure out how to post pics from my iphone or email. thanks and enjoy!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slownugly For This Useful Post:
Cobb (08-02-2012), conor97hx (12-19-2015), Coreycolman (08-12-2015)