View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000mc View Post
measured the gaps between the inside of the wheels and brake calipers?
I know they do fit, I can definitely go down to 15s, and I have the stock 17s laying in the garage, I am just trying to see of there would be any added aero benefit. I don't know too much about the technicl aspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapriRacer View Post
You want to be careful not to use tires with less load carrying capacity than originally came on the vehicle. That's directionally towards a less safe condition - the increased risk of a tire failure.

That pretty much eliminates using a smaller diameter.
thank you for the advice, I try to maintain safety. I will only use appropriate tires, but will the two different sizes make a difference?

Mcrews- I thought you had a 45x, and then that would be important, but just for FR (front rear, front engine rear wheel drive), I wouldn't think it would matter. But then again, in a luxury vehicle, you probably have more tech items than most of us. I heard even your back tires help steer...she is a beautiful vehicle.

S-FR is front engine rear wheel. MR is mid engine, rear wheel, FF front front, AWD is all wheel, 4x4 is Usually FR with optional AWD, RR is 1960s Beetle and 2013 911 lol some are less common than others, my apologies.

I am stock on 17s, switched to 18s, and now thinking about what dropping the fromt end .5 inches will do. As long as the sensors are okay with it, what else may come into play?

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.