View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 02:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
blackjackel
EcoModding Apprentice

Whitey - '05 toyota corolla LE
90 day: 28.91 mpg (US)
Send a message via AIM to blackjackel Send a message via MSN to blackjackel Send a message via Yahoo to blackjackel
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfg83 View Post
blackjackel -

Subtracting 3.1% implies losing MPG to me. I wouldn't go with a tire size below spec on the drive wheels. But who knows? It could make a good experiment. Do you EOC? It won't matter when the engine is off.

If you can, try to do a before/after GPS correction. I did the after, but I wish I had done the before. I know I am getting a 2% gain right now, but I don't know if I was already +X% to begin with.

CarloSW2

why wouldn't you go below spec on the drive tires? just so you wouldn't screw with the odometer?

Also, don't you think the reduction in wheel contact with the road coupled with the decreased rolling resistence of the B381's would well outdo the loss in mileage due to increased rpms? I would only have to do 27 more revolutions per mile....

And lastly, since you're in my area (I'm in west L.A.) would you like to get together to work on modifying our cars for better aerodynamics... I really don't know anyone who's willing to work with me on this. I realize it's an odd suggestion and I understand if you're weary about meeting a stranger from online

Last edited by blackjackel; 06-06-2008 at 02:58 AM..