View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #53 (permalink)
Mark1801
EcoModding Lurker

Hey Ryan and cbaker,
Help me catch up to you guys. Id love to be making speed adjustments but cant get it running yet. I got this car under the suspicion that the batteries were dead but seem to be good. There has been some sloppy rewiring in the back two battery boxes including two BMSs disconnected. I get a BAT ERR on the dash and the car won't move. There is no power to the controller, Curtis 1238-6501. But there is 77 volts waiting on the positive side of the main contactor and nothing coming out the other side when I turn the key. There are three low voltage connections to the contactor, two from the controller and 1 from firewall area, the keyswitch presumably. Any ideas how I can rewire to get the controller power and see if the motor turns? I know Ryan got around his BAT ERR and added his own Voltmeter and ammeter, but my car is more similar to cbakers.

I'm not sure if the power is stopped to the contactor by the car ignition (or controller) when there is a bat err or when the batteries are "detected" low to prevent overdischarge, or if the contactor has failed, or if there is another related failure somewhere due to rewiring when new batteries were added. The car came from a lease situation and was reportedly serviced a year ago which is when it must have got the new batteries and questionable rewiring.
Mark

Last edited by Mark1801; 08-09-2012 at 08:02 PM.. Reason: re-worded for clarity