View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
Flakbadger
Always Too Busy

White Lightning - '17 Nissan Leaf SV
Team Leaf
90 day: 159.47 mpg (US)
My goals: they are a-changin'

Hello everyone! Awhile back I was super excited about breaking through 20% over EPA and earning the "Hypermiler" tag. I was so excited, I started a thread about it.

Well, after a trip to my Grandparent's house in Eastern Oregon, I just broke the 30% mark.
I am totally thrilled.
I haven't had the time to do any of the aeromods I have planned, so the only adjustment has been my driving style. TONS of coasting and really paying attention to using the correct gear when climbing hills.

This means a new goal: 50 MPG!
It's probably going to be hard, but I want it, dammit.
A big THANK YOU to everyone on this site for their thought-provoking posts and discussions. I lurk a lot and learn from all of you.

Interesting side note: It appears that the chisel-shaped dividers in my upper grille serve to funnel air up and over the hood at freeway speeds. I say this because several butterflies, hornets, mosquitos and grasshoppers are dead in my lower grille, and completely absent in the upper one.

Side note 2: having a well-designed car results in fewer bug spatters on the window too. My old Ranger used to be a veritable bug graveyard by the end of this trip. Now many bugs go up and over the top without hitting anything.

Side note 3: I don't EOC at all.

Current Car: White Lightning

----------------------------------------------

Retired Car: Betty White