View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Flakbadger
Always Too Busy

White Lightning - '17 Nissan Leaf SV
Team Leaf
90 day: 159.47 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
I was able to get 59 mpg out of my Paseo [...] But, P&G with EOC helped me get that high too.
I think I may alienate myself from everyone on the forums, but while I maintain the utmost respect for drivers who use EOC on a regular basis, I am unwilling to do it myself. It just seems like far too much work for me to do it consistently. Plus I would need to rig an injector kill switch, and I am definitely far too busy/lazy to figure out which wires to use so I don't blow up my heavily computer'd engine (Variable Valve Timing and whatnot).
For now my entire set of Hypermiling consists of watching lights, paying attention to traffic around me, coasting in neutral, decelerating via engine braking (which I've always done to save brakes anyway ), keeping my foot out of the accelerator, and using the right lane as much as possible.
The trick for me to get more MPG's will be my aeromods and an Ultragauge, which I can't quite afford yet.

Anyway, thank you for the kind words. You're definitely one of the people on the forums I learned a lot from... Your Paseo thread was one of the first I went through.

Current Car: White Lightning

----------------------------------------------

Retired Car: Betty White
The Following User Says Thank You to Flakbadger For This Useful Post:
roosterk0031 (08-13-2012)