View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Yeah, buddy, glad your feelings translated that way . . it was my mine as I rolled along yesterday on a bulk load run considering the potential advantage of these "upgrades" to our truck/brand/type. The intensity needs boundaries. I've had to change my boundaries of late. And will have to run the truck in a different manner than in years past to keep reliability/longevity at peak efficiency . . some of my operating parameters were falling over on themselves (in this light).

I do think, and strongly, that your plan including bellypan and [generically] aerolid will "complete" a natural course of completion. "Completion" in that one has taken a solo/unladen pickup and maximized its' potential for a particular service. Your idea of A-B-A to generate numbers (as with temp records) is a true service.

It really doesn't matter what the Great Unwashed think about stratospheric mpg numbers, but it is a service of the finest type to offer numbers of what can work (and leaves out the question of personal skill).

The paint looks great, and the furnace filter chunk was well-chosen.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slowmover For This Useful Post:
Diesel_Dave (08-14-2012), raylit20 (10-09-2012)