View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmover View Post
I do think, and strongly, that your plan including bellypan and [generically] aerolid will "complete" a natural course of completion. "Completion" in that one has taken a solo/unladen pickup and maximized its' potential for a particular service.
I DO still intend on continuing ecomodding (vehicle modifications), however, I was talking about decreasing the intensity of my hypermiling (driving modifications). I'll still intend on driving efficiently, but just not to the extreme levels I have been.

There are several reasons for this, which I won't get into fully here, but most of them stem from the fact that my personality is such that I tend to push things to extremes. When I do something, I go all out. When I was younger and played video games I didn't play that many games, but those I did I would beat every level to perfection or I wasn't happy. When I was in college I channeled it into academics and got staight A's for 4 straight years. There are also some negative examples, but I won't share those It can be a blessing or a curse depending on how I channel it. I guess what I'm saying is that I've learned I need to set some boundaries for myself--particularly in the hypermiling department, otherwise I'm going to push things too far.

If this current tank (which should finish up this week) comes in as I suspect it will, I think I'll have proven just about everything there is to prove, and it'll be time for me to back off and take a breather.

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html