View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 10:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
UltArc
Hydrogen > EV

Silver Flea - '05 Honda Insight
90 day: 58.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tele man View Post
...ahhh, but, remember, "...BEAUTY is in the eyes of the BEER-holder...", hence, if a car looks "ugly" to you, it probably means you need some more beers.
True. Not saying it for people here, but I know some people who gained the ability to buy a new car, and just bought something without thought. Those people get hostile...if you like your car, usually you can brush off others views.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
One car that really turns my stomach is the new Camaro.
I had a '69 Camaro, and this new one looks like it was inspired by my old car, but had a committee each throw in something to the cars design.
The car is a design flop I'm my opinion.
The new Challenger on the other hand is almost perfect if it wasn't for the stretched door height .
The new Mustang ? .....that is a beautiful car.
i think the stock Mustang is decent, to good looking. The front end..is a bit bland, while the Camaros front looks much better. But aftermarket I think it is a different story. I love my front end.

The Challenger kills me. Although the design looks good, it is like being next to a 40-50s Caddy! A two door that is just massive. And how does one make a car like that but not offer a standard? It's clear the market it is aimed for. Although I am totally disappointed by quality, interior, and reliability by chrysler, the Viper, Durango 1998-2002, 67 to 69 Charger, Chief Cherokee, SRT Magnums, SRT Chargers, and SRT Rams are still decent to me.

I notice with the Camaro and Challenger, there is zero visibility. It's like a submarine.

I like the Aztec! But only after I got in one, and found how fantastic they are utility wise. I dislike the new KIAs. Wanna be gangsters are flooding the streets with kias on rims, and I wonder how the transition from Escalade/Rover occurred. Also how they advertise them for cheap, but when you read the fine print, a decent Sorento costs 40k+. Solely on looks, I'd have to say the Ridgeline by Honda. A half exhuast attempt at a truck.

+1 on the 90s S10s 1 inch from the ground, with a bumper sticker saying "no fat chicks, will scrape." Clearly they have grown up from hanging out at the mall all day, as they can't make it over speed bumps.

And clearly they all have enough money for custom insurance, and secondary vehicles for winter. Especially since a samd bag or two will make them scrape.

Best Tanks:
Mustang - 54.83 mpg (US) at the Green Grand Prix
Insight - 82.91966 mpg (US) over 818.5 miles.