View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Flakbadger
Always Too Busy

White Lightning - '17 Nissan Leaf SV
Team Leaf
90 day: 159.47 mpg (US)
CigaR007: Congratulations on YOUR new goal I saw your grille blocks a long time ago and absolutely love their "stealth" quality. I was noticing that my radiator is 3-4 inches narrower on each side than the grill that leads to it is. I have been considering blocking a bit of both sides because of it.

Euromodder: Hahaha. Well most of my trip I drove around 95 KPH because I was trying to balance fuel efficiency with the fact that I was driving a bit over 400 KM in one day, and didn't want to be at it forever. Even at that speed MOST bugs went up and over. The heavy ones, like grasshoppers, still made it to the windshield. Side note: when driving on local highways I keep it around 85 KPH.

Slasher: Once I learned how to operate my Yaris' crazy clutch things improved. My first tank was 35 MPG. After I aired up the tires, I haven't gotten below 37. This car has an incredible drivetrain, I really don't understand how many people just get the EPA estimates for this car and don't exceed them massively.
EDIT: Oh and I feel you about school. The rush-hour commute/city driving SLAYS me on MPGs.

basjoos: I saw evidence of that on my car, actually. I remember that from your site, and noticed how much road grime was on the back end of my car, telling me there's definitely room for improvement back there.

Current Car: White Lightning

----------------------------------------------

Retired Car: Betty White

Last edited by Flakbadger; 08-15-2012 at 01:34 PM..