View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevyn View Post
Ultra-impressive! I'm all for tank records like this. While I'm all for higher MPG, I am curious about one thing. How much have your emissions gone up with all of the emissions controls removed? How much MPG do you think you've gained overall by taking them all off?

I'm not trying to start a flame war, or knock what you've done. I bet your truck still emits far fewer pollutants than some of the jacked up, stack-piped, grey cloud belching monstrosities that are driven around in my area. I'm merely curious to know if you have any concrete-firm (heck, even silly putty firm) number on what you've gained in MPG, and how your emissions have changed.
Generally about 15-20% is typical. That's from the removal alone. It's somewhat tricky to quantify, however, with the DPF. If you have a DPF, you need to run hot (high rpms, etc.) to keep it from getting plugged up. Once it's gone you can make driving mods that will buy more FE than the removal itself. I gained about 25%.

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html