View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 01:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
I've lurked here for months.

In February I promised myself that when a car I need to sell sold, I would reward myself by registering here. So now it's August and my new plan is the see if the car hasn't sold because of my promise to myself. (Unpossible? Then you must live in an non-mysterious world)

So I'm down from 7 cars to 5 and I'm headed toward four. Here's the list:

1971 VW 1302 (the flat-screen Superbeetle), the driver. My goal here is Prius-like mileage (42-45 mpg) and I think I have a credible plan.

1961 VW Type II panel van, in mid-restoration. I have a karcey-style mileage motor sitting on the bench. (Had it built before HVWs started their Mileage Motor series)

1964 Clark Cortez motor home, don't ask me why, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I mean--a motor home with a chrome 4-speed floor shift. What's not to like, the 9000 pound weight with a 225" slant six?

1958 VW Beetle, a baja'd body on a 1971 standard pan. I can't post pics yet, but I managed to slip one through. It should appear to you upper left. It doesn't look like that yet.

I'm going to be posting in the forums to solicit opinions on which of these present the best opportunity.