View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #84 (permalink)
HydroJim
Master EcoModder

Aerofocus (retired) - '00 Ford Focus ZX3
90 day: 44.66 mpg (US)

The Red Baron (sold) - '93 Geo Metro
90 day: 44.1 mpg (US)
I just took The AeroFocus out for its maiden voyage and nothing fell off so I'd say the tail was a success. I got up to 65mph, took some fast turns in parking lots, and went over some bumps. Nothing broke or made weird noises so I'd say I did pretty well.

The only problem observed was that my 4th brake light, which is mounted inside the window, created a glare. It didn't really bother me much, but next time I open up the hatch I may disconnect it unless I can find another place to put it or a way to block the glare.

My next test will be to take the tail up to 80 to see how it performs above it's normal speed. I would have done that tonight, but it was dark and I want to be able to see if any pieces fly off.

By the way, people's reactions are priceless. Most people stared in amazement and almost everyone stayed along side my car and looked at it. So hopefully I don't have many problems with rubberneckers. I can't wait until I take it out in the daylight and everyone can actually see it. I'll have to get film of what this looks like on the road

Hopefully I tuft test this thing soon!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HydroJim For This Useful Post:
bobo333 (08-17-2012), Sven7 (08-20-2012), Weather Spotter (08-17-2012)