View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 04:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
MoToRNecK
EcoModding Lurker

Yeah this is probably going to sound crazy but im somewhat going to try to cheat the best of both worlds. I Love the truck for its gas mileage and it works really well off road for camping and going out on the logging trails and beaches so the plan is to make plastic covers for under the truck to improve the dynamics under the truck and the canopy but it needs to be taller for my other practical uses off the pavement. so im going to try to improve the dynamics of the truck hope that as long as the flow over and and under the truck is improved the larger tires with allow wheels and new gearing wont be noticed as much. So everyone is probably shaking there heads right now but im trying to keep it at 28-30 mpg with 7 inches (4 inch suspension and 3 inch body) of lift 33x10.5x15 tires and allow wheels and 4.56 gearing will bring me right under my original final drive ratio to counter different weight of tires. later it will get metal removed and fenders hood and bedsides will be replaced with fiberglass ones to really cut down the weight of the truck.