View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 03:31 PM   #432 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kach22i View Post
An old co-worker of mine picked up an architecture job about four months ago. He had been working at Meijer (similar to Menards) for five or six years before this opportunity came along.

I hope you don't have to wait that long to get an ID job, don't waste your talent. Big firms are might be looking for the next bright shooting start they can overwork and suck the life out of - should you be so lucky.
Yeah, I've already come up with two "products" to help us morning stockers be more efficient on the job. The General Manager likes it. Time to read up on intellectual property rights.

Belly pan. I also bought some aluminum channels- like angle iron with three sides instead of two- to use as structure for the middle belly pan. It comes down to fasteners and coroplast supply at this point. I'd like to get that put together before the boat tail goes on. Spent $50 on hardware today- yikes.

Decided not to do fairings behind the wheels while I'm in there- money and time are getting short. I'll get the belly pan and boat tail done and see how MPG is. Found a guy to help me put in some fixed lights.

Also check out my new tires. Another $60 down the tubes.

Belly pan by Tyler Linner, on Flickr

Belly pan by Tyler Linner, on Flickr