View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #225 (permalink)
visionary
Stick your neck out...

Update 014
SLOW, steady progress
Since the last update I’ve been itching to get back to testing, but I’ve put a few obstacles in my own way. I decided that the bike needed to be more complete for the high-speed testing to be meaningful. The net result of this decision is to force me to complete many more items than I had planned and so delay the whole project – anyway here’s some info on a couple of items.

Engine cooling – fitting the bellypan and front body section means that I’m now reliant on the engine cooling ducting working, and that in turn means finishing the cooling fan.

The fan is from a Kawasaki ZXR10 and seems plenty strong enough for the job, there’s a really strong suck into the entry duct. I’m using a manual switch on the steering bar and a thermocouple fitted to the barrel with a digital readout on the instrument panel, so its all manual at present.

Rear storage area - After fixing the panels to the frame, some of the final shape and proportion becomes apparent. I’ve chosen to work on the rear storage area first, simply because I had the rear panel and indicators to hand.

All the finished outer body panels will be red, as per the original Honda C90. I’ve relocated the original side panel badge with a new vinyl logo for that touch of originality. I’m working on a lid which will incorporate streamlining for the helmet and headrest before the full canopy version is made.

Next post MUST be the airfield testing!