View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #61 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
When you say you're aiming for 15', I'm 99.9% sure you don't mean 15 feet!! Do you mean 15 inches? or 15°? (Press and hold "Alt" while typing 0176 when you let alt go, you get a ° symbol) Cause 15° would not be optimal. You need about 7 inches from the back of your trunk lid to the top of the back of your Kamm to really get the best out of this. When I figured the angles before, 8° would be the optimum angle based on level ground. Anyway, I gave you all that stuff on post 27 so I suppose it would be silly to restate it all.

Mind you, if you take it down to an inch or so above the lid, it will still get you a decent net gain, but it won't be as good as keeping it high. You really want to stick with the template.

I thought of a way to run the traps on mine if I build it, I'll put in rollers and run them out the back, that way I can have long straps, pull them through, and just tie them in a knot in the back to keep them out of the way. That way I don't have to put any weirdy holes on the top of the Kamm. : P

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to seeing how you do it. I just might scrap my wood idea. I know the way MotorNeck is building his Aerocap has me rethinking a way to build a prototype of my own design for my GMC Sierra. his build thread is here.

Ford Ranger Aero Canopy