View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
ch00f
Kid with no money

Send a message via AIM to ch00f
Has anyone here tried any public ecomodding campaigning?

As you can all tell, I'm very new to the ecomodding community and, as a newbie, I was surprised to find how much gas could be saved simply by changing the way I drive. Though I do plan on eventually doing some aero/engine mods to my car to improve performance, I definitely found the "something for nothing" quality of the 100+ driving tips very appealing.

I know people will drive across town just to buy the cheapest gas so I'm pretty confident they will be willing to change how they drive to save money, if only they knew how much it could help them. Has anyone tried any sort of advertising or guerrilla marketing for the cause? I can see maybe printing out the top 10 driving tips and attaching them to fuel pumps (pretty sure that's illegal, but only if you get caught ) If that doesn't work, maybe some ecomodder bumper stickers or tshirts? Even handing out pamphlets would be fun.

I think a strong effort could really make a change, after all, it's not like we would be asking them for money. We'd be asking them so save money.