View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 06:48 PM   #41 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
each corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by basjoos View Post
I mounted a spring at each lower corner for a total of two springs, each attached to the closest inside point on the wheel well. I ended up switching to fairly stout spring as the weaker springs that I initially started with allowed the covers to oscillate at speeds over 70mph.
I grabbed an assortment of springs from ACE Hardware and will add the second spring to the front.The fairing out ahead of the skirt has helped best I can tell,but flat-out,I have no idea what to expect.
I'm working on the stinger for the boat tail,and until I get the skirt made and installed on the drivers side,I won't have an opportunity to actually see what's going on.
Harbor Freight does have a $59, 12-V, closed-circuit TV camera/monitor that I've been looking at.With something like that I'd have a second set of eyes.
I sure like your dual-roller setup.If I return intact,I'll slow down and do the proper thing.
AeroCivic remains the benchmark for aero-modding and we're heavily indebted to you for 'doin' it.'.Can't say thanks enough!