View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 02:34 AM   #22 (permalink)
ChazInMT
Aero Deshi

MagMetalCivic - '04 Honda Civic Sedan EX
Last 3: 34.25 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
(And the countdown begins for our first non-scientific testimonial new user to sign up...)
6 Hours 36 Minutes, Yer killin me Smalls.

Susanne, If a team of Japanese engineers with a wind tunnel, super computers, months of time, and a mission statement can only realize a 2% reduction in drag using "Not Vortex Generators" remarkably similar in shape and general placement of GasPods by AeroHance, How is it people can get a 20% increase in fuel mileage by just slapping these on where it seems right?

As someone who has put 55,000 miles on my Honda and kept track of every gallon during this time, I can tell you my mileage varies from 28 to 42 MPG per tank, so someone just saying "Shucky Darn, I be getting 4 MPG gooder fuel E Fish in Sea!!" just does not get it.

This Ecomodder forum is a very unfavorable place for you to try and gain any sort of foothold in credibility points, we're a skeptical bunch, and generally have figured out quite a bit about road vehicle aerodynamics.

Your marketing of these GasPods smells of a scam along the lines of HHO generators, fuel line magnets, LED light therapy devices, water ionizers and snake oil. You don't have a shred of actual test data on your site showing results of an ABA test that demonstrates a significant reduction in the Cd of a vehicle.

Living out on the West Coast, it would be a simple thing for you to go find a hill, and roll down it in neutral keeping track of your speed with and without the GasPods a bunch of times on different vehicles to get real data. If you can show the car goes faster with the GasPods than without, you have something. My guess is you've tried this, and it didn't work out too well. But, since you aren't going to let significant facts stand in the way of a good marketing plan, you're charging ahead anyway.

Unfortunately for you, this Ecomodder place has you on its radar, so anyone searching Google will likely run into us here and read what we say, warts and all.

If you want to rise above, get testing, show us your methodology, and results. Tell us what it is doing and how it is reducing the drag. Explain the rationale of your "Not Vortex Generators" we'd love to hear it.