View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
ttoyoda
Master EcoModder

Quote:
I'm not much of a gear head (I mean, I can change my oil, replace my starter) so do you have any sites or resources that will tell me how to adjust these kinds of things?
I suggest getting the toyota factory service manual, either PDF or paper. It might cost $60 in paper, but it will have the correct and specific information on what every little goober in the engine compartment does, and why. Read it from page 1 to page 450 (yes they are big) and you will understand how the car works.
If you can change a starter motor, the chilton/haynes will not give you much more than you already know.

You might as well also start learning one of the MIT mottos:
"Before I came here I could not spell Engineer. Now I are one."

From the toyta site:
Question
Whom can I contact to order an Owner’s Manual, Repair Manual or Wiring Diagram for my vehicle?
Answer
Toyota service publications, including Owner's Manuals, Repair Manuals, and Wiring Diagrams may be purchased from our Material Distribution Center or your local Toyota dealership .
Online access to Toyota reference materials may also be obtained through a subscription to our Technical Information System (TIS).
To contact our Material Distribution Center, please call 800-622-2033 or 310-761-9400 between 7 AM and 5 PM Pacific Time, Monday - Friday.

Last edited by ttoyoda; 06-07-2008 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: added content on toyota phone number