View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
SpeedyCorky
also races Sportbikes!!!

Mo' Mon-nay! - '00 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 52.26 mpg (US)

Carbon Silver - '06 Honda Insight
90 day: 82.2 mpg (US)
yeah instrumentation is key. i just ordered up a ScanGaugeII from this site; 150bucks is a good price; autozone wanted 169+tax!

front grill block is likely the next thing on the list, as is getting rid of the exterior antenna. rear wheel covers will follow. last thing i'll do is the underbody aero, so thats awhile off...but i do plan to do a pretty killer job... i am also considering ditching and replacing, or modifying the rear bumper, as to make a more teardrop shape out of the rear of the car. the stock rear bumper might as well be a parachute!!! jesus!!! so stay tuned!

yup, keeping a fuel log. i'll add my car, post up results on this site once i got 'em! gimmie a break - i'm still on my first tank! and at 60mph max - it doesnt exactly guzzle the fuel!

the 2000 civic HX i really felt was the very best year/model to go with. the older honda VX and HF are, well, just that - old. impossible to find one with around 100k miles, and plus its OBD1 technology. the 2000 civic is the newest non-hybrid car that gets mid 40's MPG right outta the box. in 2001 they made it a 1.7L (100cc increase), i drove a 2001 and it was somewhat fast! well, not really, but you know - not an economy car in the extreme as we hypermilers desire. i'm glad to hear that MSWEHX's car has lasted so long - good choice in vehicle my friend!

CA98Civic: yeah i have the 13' rims. not really interested in going to the newer HX 14inch rims. bigger wheels means a bit heavier. i dont really care about tyre options, i wanna get some 165/60/13's. can anyone recommend a good low resistance tyre for a 13' rim??

I found the site just by doing good searches for fuel efficient cars, back when i was deciding what kinda car to buy. or else i was looking up fuel efficient mods on google - either way - stumbled upon it and it looked pretty well setup around here - so i joined!

as well, i've been told the 49state ECU for the HX is better than the CA spec. aparently the CA spec is called the P2N-L32. anyone know what the 49state ECU is called? i've heard it might be P2N-A32; but i'm not sure, and i'd like confirmation before i go buy one. also, will a 1996-1997 ECU work on my 2000 car?

2006 Honda Insight
MIMA, FAS, no passenger sideview mirror, race style drivers mirror, front and rear underbody aero, temporary front air dam

Last edited by SpeedyCorky; 09-01-2012 at 12:41 PM..