View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
AbeisAverage
EcoModding Lurker

Second time's the charm - '04 Honda Accord EX
90 day: 24.26 mpg (US)

Tengu - '11 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 sport
90 day: 19.73 mpg (US)
The results of testing I did with the user "Slowbro". The car was stock with zero modification besides adjustments to "the nut behind the wheel". Scanguage was helpful too. The car is rated at 21/31 mpg with 24 mpg combined on the U.S. Department of Energy's website. It is an automatic 2.4 liter 4 cyl. Honda Accord ex coupe.

Here's an overhead view of the .8 mi length of road the testing took place on:

Here's some weather data for the location of the testing: Past Weather for Maple Park, IL Records Averages

Testing took place around 8 to 10 pm, I am unsure of the exact temperature or windspeeds.

Here are some individual numbers:
The number in parenthesis is the recalculated average but the number not in the parenthesis was the number used in the graph. We hadn't realized we had an extra 55 mph run until after the graph had been made and we're not exactly excel pros so we left the graph as is

The test was kind of a spur of the moment thing, not to say that has an impact on our data collection, but we were not as prepared or serious as we could have been. The scanguage has only been calibrated to the tank once so we could be overestimating/underestimating. All-in-all it was like a practice run to get used to the testing process. It was a lot of fun, and I look forward to future tests with potential modifications. Also thanks to Slowbro because there is no way I would've been able to do all the math involved in our test. Also another thanks for getting me started on hypermiling.