View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #7 (permalink)
RiderofBikes
EcoModding Apprentice

Pantry Boy Supreme (pbs) - '04 Volvo S80 T6 Premier
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
I dont what you are trying to build or how fast you want to go.
But you are going to need 10 to 12 horsepower on tap just to drive a small car at 55mph.
You will need more than that to get up to speed sometime with in that same day and get over hills.
I started this http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ces-23130.html A few days ago, maybe it'll give you an idea.

55mph tops is 1 goal, the other is for more Proof of Concept, Starting easy. Just to see what I can Minimally "real world", get away with.. A standard non tilting 3-wheeler is best, and later if all goes well, i can start to experiment with tilt. Then scale up for the Major build with most of the bugs worked out before hand.

Most of the time it would be used for City Commuting, and short <15mi round trips, and 90% traveling no faster than 45mph. Over relatively flat roads.

I figure for the time being, at most 100lbs for an engine/tranny setup, another 2-400lbs for chassis + driver weight.

EDIT: quick search, best example
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.

Last edited by RiderofBikes; 09-06-2012 at 12:56 PM..