View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Gealii
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovel View Post
Over the years I've seen easily hundreds of this sort of chopped up "let's turn a SUV into a sorta sedan-truck thing!" idea. Most on 4x4 forums, a dozen or so in meatspace - I have yet to see one that wasn't terrible.

I think sometimes people just feel like they have to change something to change something, even if the end result is going to be worse than what they started with.

If you have it in your head that you've gotta do this, well then I guess get on it. Soon there will be yet another one of these on the road and after a few weeks of tolerating it you'll put it on craigslist because it was a terrible idea in the first place, and you'll never again hack up another car.. some lessons I guess you've gotta learn first hand. Enjoy!
Lets not forget that the bronco was 1 of the originals of this style then when the production of the bronco was stopped people started doing chopped styles to explorers which led to the explorer sport trac. Yes the explorer has a frame so its more structurally sound then a Cherokee I have seen plenty of good chops on them

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford