View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 04:19 PM   #55 (permalink)
Gealii
The Dirty330 Modder

CruzeRS - '15 Chevy Cruze LT RS
90 day: 41.29 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheria View Post
I need to Google what a scanguage or ultragauge is. :-) Well, my car is not supposed to be flat towed BUT the reason for that is having the engine turned off means no transmission fluid is being sent through the tranny. I coast with my car turned on. Although I seem to get the same 99.9 mpg if I'm neutral and coasting or in drive and coasting, the issue is that when I'm in drive, the car is "held back" by the gear it's in and coasts MUCH less distance.
As new as your car is it would be worth looking to see if you have dfco ( deceleration fuel cut off) which is basically an engine kill switch without turning everything off as long as you remain in gear. It cuts the fuel injectors while in gear. the reason it is showing 99.9 is because there is a limit to some gauges. the Ultragauge goes to 999.9 when coasting with engine off car on while I've heard the scangauge goes to 0

Also scangauge and ultragauge are fuel economy monitoring devices. they have the ability to show instant mpg, average mpg, engine load, intake temp, and many others by use of plugging into the obd2 port

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing."
- Henry Ford
The Following User Says Thank You to Gealii For This Useful Post:
Atheria (09-07-2012)