View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
07b2300
ecoModding beginner

07b2300 - '07 Mazda B2300
90 day: 27.97 mpg (US)
Thanks for all your replies.

Yeah, sorry for the long post! I can still buy the stock tires (Continental Contitrac) and they indeed had low rolling resistance, but they are known to have a short life and to be a crummy tire.

I have found some RR data out there, but not for these newer tires. The old BFG long trails have good RR numbers for a truck tire, but these Kumhos are about 25% lighter and so should be better (if all else is the same). But I can't find any RR info on them or the new long trail tours.

Hey FX2.3, looks like we have virtually the same truck! I got the optional aluminum rims so they should be lighter than the steelies, but don't know the weight of them. Probably not as good as yours. I saw your other post on that red aerodynamic truck and now it has me thinking about an airdam on the front. I'd like to find a better pic of that... The old school undersides of these trucks really are a dogs breakfast and I bet that an air dam would help, as would filling the lower bumper air intake hole in the front.

Last edited by 07b2300; 06-08-2008 at 03:26 PM..