View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Smurf
EcoModding Smurfer

Dime - '95 Chevy S10 LS ExtCab RWD
Pickups
90 day: 18.23 mpg (US)

G/A - '96 Pontiac Grand Am
Team Pontiac
90 day: 32.74 mpg (US)
I feel your pain on having to sell the black S10, as I'm currently switching vehicles myself. I'm selling my beloved first car, the 2001 Regal GS Abboud Edition, supercharged 3.8 with every option Buick had in the arsenal in 2001. I haven't been able to find a similar one in the six years I've owned it.

But I digress. Selling the Regal, driving my 1995 S10 daily until I move, then picking up an FE project. The Bravada front on the S10 was very sexy, and I thought of doing it to my truck, but I thought the Bravada required a Jimmy bumper for the bottom center of the grill to fit? Also, an Isuzu Hombre bumper would have been clean on that as well.

Your 'new' S10 reminds me of my old Puppy, a 1987 Isuzu P'up, 1.9L gasser, 4 speed stick that I picked up for a couple hundred. That was about as stripped as it gets also, and my mileage was insane. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) a few months later I came across my 1995 S10, and the guy wanted my Puppy and $600 to trade.

I had plans of making the Pup look almost like a Nascar truck, and still have some of those ideas if you want to message me about the topic.