View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
Ryland
Master EcoModder

honda cb125 - '74 Honda CB 125 S1
90 day: 79.71 mpg (US)

green wedge - '81 Commuter Vehicles Inc. Commuti-Car

Blue VX - '93 Honda Civic VX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
If you insist on high speed driving with a C-car I recommend you emulate what was done with the Comutacar and lengthen your wheelbase (aka push the rear axle back).
How much longer is the Commuti-car wheel base? I thought they had the same wheel base, but I've never measured to see for my self.

As for the motors on the commuti-cars being larger, I don't think that is the case, TomEV has said, and my research seems to agree, that they are the same motor in the 36v Citi-car and the 48V Commuti-car, other then of course what Ryan has in his Commuti-car... Ryan, you have a D&D motor, right? but the GE motor the Commuti-car and Citi-car's use are the same other then the forced cooling that the commuti-cars have giving them a different rating, their raw power output tho should be the same, their brushes and field windings at least are the same.

TomEV also had Helwig Carbon make special two piece brushes with dual leads on them that can handle more current and they shouldn't bounce as much so there should be less arcing, not sure if he has any spare sets or how much it would cost to have them make up more based off the spec sheet that they have on file, I have a set of these upgrade brushes seated in to my Commuti-cars motor and the motor is ready to install... a project that has been on my to-do list for a few weeks now.