View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
rmay635703
home of the odd vehicles

Silver - '10 Chevy Cobalt XFE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
How much longer is the Commuti-car wheel base? I thought they had the same wheel base, but I've never measured to see for my self.

course what Ryan has in his Commuti-car... Ryan, you have a D&D motor, right? but the GE motor the Commuti-car and Citi-car's use are the same other then the forced cooling that the commuti-cars have giving them a different rating, their raw power output tho should be the same, their brushes and field windings at least are the same.
Every C-car was slightly different

There was the old style Citicar, the transistional Citicar, the original Comutacar, the transistional Comutacar and the last Comutacar.

My car as far as I can tell has at least 6" more wheelbase and a bit more space in the wheelwells than the Citicar I saw. I believe it is somewhat related to how the battery boxes changed position and because of the size difference between a 4.80x12 and a135x80r13.

Of coarse my car may have been slightly modified because I have a 9" D&D motor.

Understand that the 3.5hp motor was only on the Terrell axle cars (doesn't matter if its a comuta or citi)

Later cars (1980/81/82) really could come with a 6hp or 8hp motor (of coarse they all had forced air as far as I know)