View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #236 (permalink)
Whitey
EcoModding Former Lurker

2018 VW Alltrack S Manual - '18 Volkswagen Golf Alltrack (Manual) S
90 day: 32.27 mpg (US)
Hey, folks!

Just to throw in my two cents...

I like the idea of allowing a car to be part of more than one team. If someone has a Honda with a boat tail, let that car join both teams. I can't see any conflict there as the owner's efforts will pay off for both teams. And we're not really competing, are we? I think we're all on the same team when it comes right down to it.

I also see value in creating/joining a team that may be at an efficiency disadvantage. For example, my Honda has an automatic transmission, so there are hypermiling techniques that I cannot use. If there were a Team Auto, those of us with automatics would have a convenient place to see who's achieving the most efficiency with an automatic transmission and how they're doing it (assuming they're logging things in the on-line garage).

I would like to see some moderation, too. There are "empty" teams and some fairly silly ones. While I do appreciate some silliness, I think teams with descriptions like "A team for those with two door red coupes" kinda get in the way. Maybe I should paint my Monte Carlo or my Coupe DeVille red to improve fuel efficiency...

Maybe that was three cents.

-Whitey