View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
bondvagabond
EcoModding Apprentice

vandle - '93 Ford E-350 Xlt
XFI style cam for ford festiva

Well after having fixed up over 20 geo metros, I finally branched out and got my first ford festiva.

Mike at 3 tech, where i would get my xfi style cams to convert plane jane geo metros into clone xfi's has graciously offered to investigate the possibility of making an xfi style cam for ford festivas! how cool would that be?

What he needs for this project to progress is either a stock festiva camshaft to look at, or pictures and some measurements of the lobes. the measurements needed would be the base circle diameter and the lift hight (lobe hight minus base circle diameter)

I am waiting on posting approval at fordfestiva.com to get some pics and measurements, from those guys, but thought someone on here might have a festiva cam lying around, or at least be excited to learn about the project.

rest assured within a few weeks I will be ventureing off to the big city to hit the u pull it yard and get parts for a 5 speed swap, and I will get the test cam then, but if someone has one allready it would be cool to send some pics off to 3 tech and move things along that much faster

Mad max would have driven a metro