View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #45 (permalink)
BikerModder
EcoModding Lurker

Deedee - '09 Smart ForTwo Pure 999cc
90 day: 47.39 mpg (US)
Hey I don't know what Phantom was thinking but I got a idea what of the increase in combustion thru Water Injection? I don't wanna bust my block now. Already. Boy this is more a filter switch out than an issue. You guys, how come i can't keep you together? Just kidding. Really if you can build your own car it ought to be a guaranteed right.

Before mod: The acceleration was what one would expect of a 168 HP car. Everything automatic and from the factory. Except it sometimes did not want to kick in to passing gear and it should have. Something a passenger pointed out was that is should go faster. Maybe and issue with the variable valve timing. Might mention there is a way to increase tension on the accelerator petal itself. So you don't have to hold you foot up while driving. that is now corrected.
After mod: Engine with standard air box (lets consider the EPA guidelines here where it is stated the air box is a part of the emissions control- you can't mod it) still runs quietly fine and I don't know smoother? I don't wanna hear how you tell me they aren't right. Got some advice here. If you don't like what was posted ask me to change before i get the actual solution first then i post. Thank you.

Last edited by BikerModder; 09-16-2012 at 01:26 PM..