View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 11:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
justjohn
EcoModding Apprentice

Black Beauty - '13 Hyundai Elantra
I've ridden a crf 150, dr 200, and klr 650 all a fair bit. I feel perfectly comfortable with all of them on the road, the klr I'm a little more cautious with on the trails because it's harder to just stick out a foot and catch yourself. I think it's too tall to flat foot even for me, and I'm just over 6 feet. I think I'd be really comfortable with something just a tiny bit smaller/lighter than that. I believe the v-strom is nearly identical? So I think I'd be fine with it, I'd just prefer something a little lighter/cheaper.

The closest match to that so far seems to be the old CLs, but as I said they seem a little pricey for what you're getting at least on craigslist in my area.

In light of that I guess I might go with the ninja or cbr 250 since I at least know I can get one at a decent price and it would also be a good hypermiling platform. Not really putting much stock in their long trip comfort, and I'd be missing trail going ability but maybe just something cheap to ride while I figure out what I really want would be good too.