View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
nin
EcoModding Lurker

2002 Honda Insight for sale, November 2012

I have a 2002 Honda Insight (automatic, blue) for sale. It has 212,000 miles on it and the IMA battery (original) is down to its last few micro amps.

I ordered a new Ford Fiesta today and it should arrive in early to mid November. So I have until then to sell the Honda.

I bought the car new and am the only owner. It has been taken to the dealer for all the scheduled maintenance work. The only damage was the driver side mirror sheared off in a parking lot, and the other person's insurance paid the dealer for the replacement/repair.

Battery: After pulling the negative on the 12 volt to reset, I can go a few days or 50 to 100 miles before getting the IMA and Check Engine light. The 12 volt battery is about four years old.

Repair history: driver's side front wheel bearing 10 months ago. Year ago replaced both rear hatch struts (bean me on the head once, shame on me. bean me the second time, I buy new struts). I think the dealer replaced an O2 sensor in the last couple years during routine maintenance work.

Body is OK. A few small scratches and scrapes, nothing huge. One small hail dent in the roof. Nose of the hood has some light pitting in the paint. Interior shows some wear. Hole in carpet under driver's foot but have mats in there now. Left side of driver's seat has a notch worn through the fabric roughly where the seatbelt runs.

Minor issues: hatch release doesn't clear the catch, jiggling the key is needed. A rattle under the hood near on driver's side. Knob for temperature contol is off.

We're still driving this daily, so we would not want to let it go until we get close to the delivery date for the new car. But I wanted to give some enthusiasts who appreciate what the Insight is about a chance to contact me if interested.

I haven't set a firm price yet since a check of Ebay and Craigslist shows a lot of variability. For now I'd like to see if there's interest at $5000 or less.

Thanks.