View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #37 (permalink)
a8ksh4
B.O. Zen

Pickup - '99 Toyota Tacoma 2wd, Regular Cab, Short Bed
90 day: 34.62 mpg (US)
Yah, sanded all the way through.

I'm definately not sure how I'm going to mate this thing up to the cab... This feels like the most difficult part of the shell to cut/shape. I'm trying to cut it close... maybe 1/4" gap plus fiberglass, but I don't want it to rub/squeak. If I can find some long-lasting clear tape, I'll cover the paint on the cab where this thing is close and add a foam gasket to the shell that moves and seals.

@Metro... Yah, I'll have to do some ABA testing. I may be reluctant to change much at this point as long as it doesn't hurt my mileage, but I'm really hoping to see a few % improvement. By work, I mean that the aero is there and that I think I can make the finished product look quality.

The compartment/door would deff be flush and smooth. I have to see how ballsy I'm feeling before I'll cut this out of the side... I could mount the awning track on the outside of the shell w/o disrupting flow, as long as the awning bag wasn't hanging off of it, but then I have to think about where to store the bag when I'm not using it, etc... Hmm.

The glue is Loctite PL300 for Foamboard. It's water-soluble and feels like elmers glue, but with more bulk so it can be used to fill gaps.