View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #20 (permalink)
greasemonkee
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownugly View Post
i have a question. you said in the first post somthing about using a p07 ecu from england. what is the difference between them? do they run lean burn at different times or more frequently?
There was a thread recently about the UK P07, specifically the P07-G01 ecu, which is what basjoos has in the aerocivic. Supposedly this ecu does not cut leanburn off at 2600 and stays engaged in vtec. I pondered this a while and realized running the extra rpm my defeat the purpose of staying in leanburn in the first place, but nevertheless better than the US version. Good luck finding one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobb View Post
What is the guage you are using to read AFR? 4 inches of murcery? I have a 2010 honda insight and myself and a few other owners find light throttle 50 mph and about 4 on the MAP sensor on the sg2 we reach 100 mpg on the MID. Wonder how this would work with the Insight 2?

Innovate XD16 gauge and LC1 wideband controller, I just put a new sensor in.

The vacuum gauge is an autometer Z series, but am uncertain of its accuracy.

If Honda used a pressure sensor on their insight engines you could probably fudge it a bit with the fuel controller and turn the map signal down some.

Thus far I'm running leanburn about 1" of vacuum on the gauge, the Apexi meter says 15 kpa so that might as well be throttleless, it only took 7% reduction to achieve this. There's definitely a lot more useable torque and in many places where only running in 4th and <63 mph was possible I can now run the same speed or greater in 5th.

In doing this the stoichiometric burn window in getting narrow, so now engine output seems to be more fuel ratio and rpm based rather than throttle position. Accelerating through 1st in leanburn goes pretty quick and staying up with traffic from a dead stop is possible most of the time. Also the engine is producing more HP and more efficiently at high load/rpm since the air/fuel is now about 13.3 rather than 12.3.

I'm searching for a suitable air solenoid right now, the resistor jumper on the TPS signal works too. Will post values and wire specs after I wrap this up, then we'll see if it was all worth it.