View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 12:37 AM   #47 (permalink)
bazman
EcoModding Lurker

Weird Thing - '00 Holden (GM) Commodore SS Series II
90 day: 18.67 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by F8L View Post
Good to see STS still around. I had one of their first Chevy truck kits on my GMC Sierra 4x4. it went a best of 12.3@110mph with 13psi and meth injection. Later we switched to a normal twin-turbo and made 719rwhp on 18psi with the 5.3L.

I wish you th best of luck with your setup!

Thanks for that. Yeah, I found STS good to deal with, but built to a price. They are one of the best horsepower per dollar deals around.

While I did get their upgrade to a larger ball bearing turbo we have had to replace or upgrade a lot of stuff they sent, and the injectors are just the latest thing we have to replace. The average person would not bother as if you drove my car you'd think it was very well tuned and runs great as a daily driver... I just know it can be significantly better on fuel.

I am going to suggest to them they offer a platinum package for people like me who are willing to pay for quality - like scavenge pumps rated at 10,000 hours instead of what is cheap; mapable water/meth injection instead of the very expensive but basic kit that is on or off; better quality fittings etc. Quality costs, but cheap is not cheap when it breaks or has to be replaced and there are people out there like me that understand that and will pay for it.