View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
mswehx
EcoModding Lurker

trustyHX - '97 honda civic HX
90 day: 50.15 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
Just got to say. Damn I love this forum way to much already. I spent a few hours reading all the tips last night. All this hypermiling makes me want to drive my civic today instead of my drift car haha.

So. Hydrogen sucks? Why? I noticed I never ever see it on here.

I did notice the HX to cx swap and already gave him a couple questions and tips that I hope might help. Thanks!

The 450sx runs soooo rich. Idk. Complications with the swap I'm still toning out I guess. Ive heard this guy with a 480hp supercharged vh45 (same as mine but way way more power) can average 24 on the highway.

Thanks dude! I wanted my engine bay to look somewhat cool. I love unique valve covers

And lastly. So you are saying I need the mpgino instead of the scan gauge because it reads lean burn? I am really really curious about lean burn and how I know when I'm in it. It's One of the things I asked the HX guy about.
I have a 97hx also 5sp with 402,200miles and haven't touched the motor or clutch yet all original (aem cold air intake,powercore header thermal reserch and developement exhaust all stainless) moved the cat underneath like on the ex civic. I run full synth oil eng. and trans. and only fill up with no ethnol gas (junk) iv'e been getting 49-50.5mpg the last 3tanks great car,make sure your egr ports are clean on the intake manifold can afect mpg,i clean mine @every100k. good luck Mike w.