View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Jakins
Master EcoModder

hX-TREME!!! - '97 Honda Civic HX
90 day: 54.75 mpg (US)

450sX-TREME!!! - '95 Nissan V8 240sx

chodercycle - '06 kawasaki ninja zx6r 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswehx View Post
I have a 97hx also 5sp with 402,200miles and haven't touched the motor or clutch yet all original (aem cold air intake,powercore header thermal reserch and developement exhaust all stainless) moved the cat underneath like on the ex civic. I run full synth oil eng. and trans. and only fill up with no ethnol gas (junk) iv'e been getting 49-50.5mpg the last 3tanks great car,make sure your egr ports are clean on the intake manifold can afect mpg,i clean mine @every100k. good luck Mike w.
Hard core! Mine has 258k but I'm shooting for 400k. The only real reason why the motor blew is because I turbo charged it a few years ago lol. So you got an improvement from putting on headers? What do you think would happen if I just put headers on and didn't use a cat? I've heard of people using a spark plug anti fouler in the o2 sensor hole for the secondary and using it to keep the o2 out of the flow an it runs fine. I also saw people on here say that theirs got into lean burn without a secondary o2. I'm just not sure if it will take away to much low end torque. When I was younger I had headers on my civic with no cat and second o2 with a massive exhaust leak and it felt pretty weak at times but even though I was driving it hard some of the times it got pretty good milage