View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #71 (permalink)
SeniorSell
Dave Upton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaker View Post
Thanks for the model number. I've searched it, but can't find a pdf with a schematic. I'll just email delta q and see if they will send me one. It looks easy, mine just has an ac input. One of the dc outs goes to the batteries, but the other one I'll have to trace. It might go to the voltage meter, or to some feature that keeps you from driving off when the charger is hooked up. The tranny swap is great for what I do. I did get the old 2nd gear up to 40+ mph a time or two going down a big hill. It just sounded like it was going to blow up, and actually limited the speed. Being able to throw it out of gear on the downhill parts of my route allows it to coast more freely. I just don't know if exactly what was causing the battery problems I've been having, so the charger is the first thing to explore. I'll try to post updates when I have them.
Thanks again
I have the PDF Spec sheets but ecomodder won't let me post the links until I create 5 posts. I can email them to you if you do not find them online. Where did you purchase your Charade tranny?

Dave