View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,223 Times in 4,650 Posts
Cd 0.17

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
It looks like it's got a lot of taper in plan, and the lower nose seems to be handled well; but yeah, that's not a number.

I'm familiar with the VW Auto 2000 concept; but I'm not finding much on Klemperer. I searched on combinations of 'Wolfgang Klemperer 1921 windkanal minivan', etc. Google points to page 25 of the Aerodynamic Streamlining—Part C thread but the trail goes cold there.

I'm stumped, I can't decide if I am interested in sub-0.16 territory. While I'm dithering, how valid do you think the reported Cd of 0.17 is for the Volkhart-Sagitta:
It would help to know where the number came from.Just shooting from the hip,I don't have a problem with it.All the leading edges have generous radii.The windscreen has nice curvature as well as it's header and A-pillars.
The full wheel skirts are a plus.And the side mirrors are well formed and pushed forward into slower air away from the A-pillars.We could presume a full bellypan?
It's very similar to Ferdinand Porsche's personal car of 1939 with which he commuted between Stuttgart and Berlin.