View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,207 Times in 4,640 Posts
kit car

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
That's the way I see it, too.

The up-kicked cowl on the Talbot-Lago T-150-C was a styling gimmick, here it serves the aerodynamic need. And it has a single wiper. I picture those skirts having the one Dzus fastener at the top and then they could rotate out 90° and pull out of a slot in tube restraints at the bottom corners.

My understanding is that 2 were built, now there's one in a museum. It was a 4-passenger high speed Autobahn cruiser for the Luftwaffe.

VW reproduced the Berlin-Rome racer and characterized it in a wind tunnel. I'd like to see that done here. Imagine if in 1974, someone had re-popped that in fiberglass and sold them as a kit car.
If Fibre Fab had done exactly that in '74,I would have been all over it.I'd just read Crisis Fighter Pinto by Don Sherman and purchased a crashed Karmann Ghia to restore and replace my El Camino as commuter car.
I'd seen Fibre Fab's Valkerie at a North American Rockwell facility in Palmdale,CA where we were working with the B-1 Bomber.They could make anything out of composites! And nice stuff!