Thread: The Scrapcento
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
maczo
EcoModding Lurker

scrapcento - '99 fiat seicento
90 day: 30.15 mpg (US)

fokus - '08 Ford Focus
90 day: 31.15 mpg (US)

tdm - '95 Yamaha TDM 850
90 day: 27.72 mpg (US)

vespa - '04 Piaggio Vespa ET4
90 day: 57.6 mpg (US)

PCX - '10 Honda PCX
90 day: 78.33 mpg (US)

avensis - '13 Toyota Avensis
90 day: 41.95 mpg (US)
Piwoslaw, thanks for the tips.

We succesfully completed Rally Wyszków. Yay.
Top 10 in our class. Yay.
There were 10 cars total in our class. Boo.

OK, so I managed to not be the last, finished 7th, but mostly because of others getting penalties. I really need to work on my pace. Sometimes I thought I was really taking the best lines, but it turns out that it was possible to take them at greater speeds Ultimately I was barely faster than a stock-looking 1.1 Punto from a lower class (it's heavier AND less powerful) and only because they fudged the very last "Super-Stage" by several seconds.

The white Felicia didn't show up, but I managed to beat another one that was in my class. Close enough.

There were at least two quite powerful cars, an Impreza and an early 90's (late 80's?) Supra. The Impreza was too big for the tight final super-stage and so I can boast that I was faster . The Supra was borrowed by a driver who had only driven FWDs and so he wasn't very quick. But surely he had lots of fun:

I must say the fun of rallying is really great and the people are ever so friendly. And I missed out on some marshal party action

The most important part - fuel consumption - is a bit of a mistery to me now. I was distracted when leaving the pump and I don't know how much I've refilled. I'm waiting for the gas payment to go through the banking system, then I can work out the amount because I remember the price per liter.

The Scrapcento thread