Thread: The Scrapcento
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #21 (permalink)
maczo
EcoModding Lurker

scrapcento - '99 fiat seicento
90 day: 30.15 mpg (US)

fokus - '08 Ford Focus
90 day: 31.15 mpg (US)

tdm - '95 Yamaha TDM 850
90 day: 27.72 mpg (US)

vespa - '04 Piaggio Vespa ET4
90 day: 57.6 mpg (US)

PCX - '10 Honda PCX
90 day: 78.33 mpg (US)

avensis - '13 Toyota Avensis
90 day: 41.95 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post
Man, rally is fun. Looks like you had a good time though.

If I may...
Yes, lots of fun

And yes, by all means, do comment on my driving! I'm still getting to know the car but somehow I feel I cannot squeeze much more out of it. I hope to get into its rhythm, but I'm not sure what to do (except for driving, driving and then some more driving) to get there. On my defense I can say that the slalom part was pretty tight, but yes, it felt kind of sloppy there.

Thanks for pointing out the mid-corner correction, it was something I also noticed when reviewing the footage.

As for the Kamm-back - I've tossed it in the garbage but I will be remaking it some time in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrzejM View Post
Good luck with Scapcento! I'm sure you can go as low as 4.5l/100km avg (52.27 mpg US) without big effort.
Well, I already know that is not the case, sadly. I've really struggled to get FE to its current point (6.5 ltr / 100km) and for the last 2 tanks it's been rock-steady (6.54 vs 6.58 or something like that). I really hope I can improve on it, but surely not that much, at least not "without big effort".

Quote:
And if you don't want to invest big bucks maybe you should go for vacuum gauge? That would be the cheapest FE gauge, and it's good enough to give you proper feedback. MPGUino is not expensive too I can help you to build one if you wish. Right now I'm building new one for Berta and that will be probably first MPGuino in diesel car (correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway it's good to know that ecomodding becomes more popular in Poland.
Thanks for the help offer, but I won't be pursuing the 'guino in the foreseeable future. BUT when you build yours, I'd be curious to see it and hear about the total costs

That vacuum gauge is probably the first thing I will consider if/when I consider additional instrumentation.

The Scrapcento thread